New BGA-152 and Circuit Board (adapter for unsoldering rare microchips and monoliths) adapters have been added to the PC-3000 Flash
Now the delivery set of the PC-3000 Flash has been changed. The new adapters – BGA-152 and Circuit Board have been added in addition to the already existing LGA/TLGA-52 adapter. BGA-152 adapter is used for connecting microchips in BGA-152/132 cases. Circuit Board adapter is intended for unsoldering the rare microchips and monoliths. The total cost of the PC-3000 Flash remains at the same level despite of adding the new adapters.
Other new powerful adapters are in development now and the news about them will be announced additionally.
Adapters enhancing the capabilities of the PC-3000 Flash
Due to the steady development of the technologies and the technological processes, NAND memory chips are implemented in the new form factors and cases that meet the requirements of density and easy installation to the end devices. To work with the latest memory chips the PC-3000 Flash has the new adapters capable to deal with the modern cases.
LGA/TLGA-52 (14x18 and 12x17) adapters
Adapters are based on the specialized ZIF panels, providing a convenient and secure method of installing memory chips. Adapters are fully compatible with the PC-Flash Reader version 3.0 and support the chips in LGA/TLGA-52 case. The difference is the width of the memory chip packages - 14x18 mm and 12x17 mm. It is possible to center manually a narrow chip (12x17 mm) inside the socket of LGA/TLGA-52 (14x18) adapter. The adapter has a power supply LED- indicating the voltage supplied to the memory chip.
The adapter is based on the specialized ZIF panel, providing a convenient and secure method of installing memory chips. The adapter is fully compatible with the PC-Flash Reader version 3.0 and supports the chips in BGA-152/132 case. BGA-132 chips require the additional alignment, as their body is 2 mm less in the width. Two voltage indicators for every power circuit (core supply Vcc and buffer supply VccQ) allow to monitor the power voltage supply of the every circuit using the additional power supply adapter. When there is no such power supply adapter, both circuits are connected to the PC-Flash Reader.
The adapter is based on the specialized ZIF panel, providing a convenient and secure method of installing memory chips. The adapters is fully compatible with the PC-Flash Reader version 3.0 and supports the chips in TSSOP-56 case. LED allows you to visually monitor the voltage supply submitted to the memory chip.
Circuit Board adapter
Now there is a high percentage of monoliths (Embedded Solution, SoC) where one physical package has memory chips, integrated controller to perform all the basic functions and all the passive elements. Thus, the only one external connector for such storage device is the interface connector intended for such drives (SD, MS, Micro SD etc.). When such drive is broken and it is impossible to work through the standard interface, you can get an access to the internal memory chips using the individual technological pin outs (if any), located on the monolith circuit board or soldering straight to the topology tracks of the circuit board when you have the information about pinmaps. To perform such tasks, a specialized PC-3000 Flash Circuit Board adapter has been developed, which is intended not only for the comfortable installation works and connection to the PC-3000 Flash, but also for the analytical work to define the output destination of the new unstudied chips.
- All signals are buffered, eliminating possible parasitic interference of the readable chip. If necessary, the buffer elements can be turned off while the work with wired chip is carried out directly
- Used buffers have double power supply, allowing to set the voltage level to read the memory chips or the monolith chips, independently of the main Reader. It enables to change the memory chips voltage supply, which in some cases can be useful to work with the "problem"memory chips, and also when the voltage value of the readable chip differs from the voltage value of the main Reader. The allowed range of power supply voltage values for the readable chip or monolith drive is 1.2 - 3.6 V
- Mounting place has enough size to put a chip which makes the operation easier and the life cycle of the adapter is maximized. Each signal is repeatedly duplicated and the signal placement takes into account the characteristics of their usage
- The adapter has LEDs allowing to check the state of all voltages involved in the adapter operation
- The adapter allows to use any external power supply device as a power source for readable memory chips or the drive in the monolithic implementation. In this case, the power supply management can be done in software or manual modes
- The adapter contains all the necessary elemental and topological features to help you perform the pinouts assignments using the logic analyzer which is wired into the mounting field of the chip. In this case, all signals are buffered, eliminating the influence of the analyzer probes on the internal bus of monoliths
- The adapter has slots for TSOP-48 and TLGA-52 chips, with the convenient location of all VSP pinouts which allows you to use the adapter for reading these chips which have specific requirements for work incompatible with the standard PC-3000 Flash adapters. For example, local heating or cooling of the damaged chips for better reading
- The adapter has the implemented patch panel that enables the flexible re-commutation of the leads placed in the mounting field of the chip and PC-Flash Reader leads, without re-soldering the wired chip. It is useful when working with the analyzer when the pinout assignment can be changed repeatedly during the research process
Example of using Circuit Board Adapter
Specialized resource is available for the PC-3000 Flash users - Monoliths library (www.pc3000flash.com/solbase/monochips.php), which contains a fresh updated database with the known output destination of the monoliths.